Product description Sea to summit Ultrasil Pack Cover Small 30 To 50LEnding the debate about whether to carry a pack cover or not, the ultralight Ultra-Sil Pack Cover offers a tiny yet compelling solution. Weighing only 130g for a 90L pack, why wouldn’t you carry one?
- Ultra light and tiny, only 130g (Large size)
- Mini stuff sack attached
- Seamless construction
- Mid-back keeper strap
- Made of Ultra-Sil siliconised Cordura
- Weight:85 g
- 30D Ultra-Sil is a 30 denier 240T Nylon made from a high-tenacity Cordura brand yarn. High-tenacity nylon is stronger and more abrasion resistant than standard nylon fibres.We use two different versions of 30D Ultra-Sil: a Sil/PU and a Sil/Sil version depending upon its purpose and use.
- Sil/Sil: 30D high-tenacity Nylon with silicone impregnated on both faces. Silcone impregnation works really well with lightweight fabrics as it improves fabric tear strength, abrasion resistance and packability. Siliconised fabric has a measure of self-healing when punctured. This fabric has a water resistance of 600mm and is used where a product needs to be water-shedding and water resistant but not necessarily waterproof. We use Sil/Sil for products where ultralight weight and strength are most important, such as our Ultra-Sil Day pack, Duffle, Shopping bag and Sling Bag.
- Sil/PU: 30D high-tenacity Nylon with Silicone impregnated on the outer face and a polyurethane (PU) coating on the inside. It has a water
resistance of over 2,000mm. The Silicone outer works really well for water shedding and to create a slippery surface for easy packing. The PU coating on the inside improves the waterhead rating and allows seam sealing tape to bond.
We use Sil/PU in products that need to be waterproof, such as our Ultra-Sil dry day pack, Ultra-Sil dry sacks, Ultra-Sil pack liners and many other products.
What is Cordura