Product description Sea to summit Ultra Sil Shopping 2018Not only very practical and environmentally friendly, the Ultra-Sil Shopping Bag is super compact and lightweight. The tiny packed size fits easily onto your key ring, in a jacket pocket or a purse. Its also amazingly strong and durable, so you can fill it to capacity without any worries.
- Lightweight at only 48 grams
- Volume is around 25 Litresbigger than supermarket bags
- Bag has resisted 130kg load
- Siliconised CORDURA for strength and durability
- Bar tack reinforced stitching on all stress points
- Mini Carabiner
- Capacity: 25 L
- Weight: 48g
- Constructed using high tenacity fibre technologies, weight for weight, CORDURA fabrics are exceptionally durable.
- Fact is, no matter the application, their fabrics are best-in-class. But more importantly, they have to pass their own stringent test criteria before they can earn the CORDURA brand name. Theyre available in a wide range of weights from ultra lightweight to heavy weight. and CORDURA fabrics come in many different constructions and textures. All in all, theyre the fabrics that make strong, long-lasting products even tougher.
- 30D Ultra-Sil is a 30 denier 240T Nylon made from a high-tenacity Cordura brand yarn. High-tenacity nylon is stronger and more abrasion resistant than standard nylon fibres.We use two different versions of 30D Ultra-Sil : a Sil/PU and a Sil/Sil version depending upon its purpose and use.
- 30D high-tenacity Nylon with silicone impregnated on both faces. Silcone impregnation works really well with lightweight fabrics as it improves fabric tear strength, abrasion resistance and packability. Siliconised fabric has a measure of self-healing when punctured. This fabric has a water resistance of 600mm and is used where a product needs to be water-shedding and water resistant but not necessarily waterproof.
- We use Sil/Sil for products where ultralight weight and strength are most important, such as our Ultra-Sil Day pack, Duffle, Shopping bag and Sling Bag.
- 30D high-tenacity Nylon with Silicone impregnated on the outer face and a polyurethane (PU) coating on the inside. It has a water resistance of over 2,000mm. The Silicone outer works really well for water shedding and to create a slippery surface for easy packing. The PU coating on the inside improves the waterhead rating and allows seam sealing tape to bond.
- We use Sil/PU in products that need to be waterproof, such as our Ultra-Sil dry day pack, Ultra-Sil dry sacks, Ultra-Sil pack liners and many other products.